View Single Post
Old 10-06-2012, 07:46 AM   #73
JDowns OP
Sounds good, let's go!

Oddometer: 2,638
Quote:
Originally Posted by VooDooDaddy View Post

What is crazy for me is, I am self-employed; which means I can come and go as I please, and I have more than enough $$$ to make a trip like this happen. What is keeping me at home is my kids. I have a 12 and 10 year-old boys that would be just fine with Mom for 3-4 months without me, but I also have an 18 month-old son who needs constant attention. It would be really $hitty of me to leave the wife.com at home with three kids to look after for 4 months while I'm on some adventure.

Until then, for the next 5-6 years, I'll have to just sit and read these damned ride reports and live vicariously through peeps like J.D.

Go JD, go JD, go JD...............
You're an honorble man Voodoo. You have my utmost respect. Your kids will be grown before you know it and your time will come. And in the meantime you can tear it up on the backroads with your buddies. Maybe take in the Colorado Rockies high passes and Utah backcountry on shorter adventures near home. I can see your DR up on top of Tincup Pass taking in the views in the sunshine next summer.

There are plenty of great places to ride in this beautiful wide country. ADVriding is a state of mind. Heck, I enjoy riding out in the middle of the Sandhills far from civilization and stopping to listen to the wind blowing across the rolling prairie grass with dark thunderstorms off on the horizon.

Best,
John Downs