View Single Post
Old 10-06-2012, 07:49 AM   #42
ktmklx OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 670
I was pretty happy to get off that mountain and get on CR 2, the road to Silverton. In Silverton we bought gas, met ROYQ and his riding partner (post 18) and sat down for a few minutes to eat some jerky and drink a soda. We were short on time we were still hoping to get to Dove Creek before dark.

Next up was Ophir Pass, there wasn't any traffic going up Ophir so we were able scamper right up in no time. Coming down was a little trickier on the steepest rockiest part of the decent I met a GS800 coming up hill. With tires skidding on the baby heads I had all I could handle to keep the bike at a sane speed and get on my half of the 2 track. The guy on the beemer thought I wasn't going get it done and he stopped in the middle of his climb. I did get the ninja on her half and was able to stop and tell the beemer guy sorry I was on his side for a while. He had his hands full it looked like, the beemer was loaded pretty good and stalled at his first attempt to get climbing again.

Alex had his hands full as well trying to keep the KLR on track, he looked a little stressed out when were finally able to stop at a lesser grade and talk.

going up Ophir

on top of Ophir
ktmklx is offline   Reply With Quote