View Single Post
Old 10-06-2012, 07:37 PM   #42
sakurama
on an endless build

Oddometer: 1,365
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr LC8 View Post
The question is just: how I can get a lighter 950 that will help me riding better off road...or at leat easier for an avarage rider as I am????
You've gotten a lot of good advice so I'll offer some you didn't ask for.

If you're really truly trying to ride better off road take a school. I can pretty much promise you that there is no part you can add or replace that will do more for you than a single day of professional instruction. It's not cool because its not something you can point to but what's so great about it is its the one thing you can keep transferring to every new bike you own. It works on any bike and unlike parts it gets better with use. When I road raced I took every school I could find and it made a huge difference. Same with dirt. Even at the Bend rally I skipped a ride to do Jimmy's class and the simple skills and exercises were great - even if I knew them.

The 950 is a pig. As Navin says there's nothing you'll be able to do to "fix" the weight so learning to ride it better will pay more dividends. But as others have said suspension (I've used Super Plush for years on my bikes) and tires goes a long ways.

Gregor
sakurama is offline   Reply With Quote