Gerd

Oddometer: 243
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prutser View Post
Would you like to put it on the 80GS ?
Not my basic, but a new HPN project.
Quote:
I really like the M-unit. But to be honest i don't know that much about the "other option"
If you would like to make the wiring simpler by using the M-unit you might have to lose some original features.
Switching off the indicators using the original switches you might have to use the on button to switch them off as well.
This is about the only point I did not find in their documentation. And: no stock functions will have to be dropped. You can, but you don't need to.
Quote:
Using the clutch switch and neutral switch in the start system might add some extra wiring out side of the M-unit.
The same with the Relief relay ( if thats the right word) that switches off the head light when starting.
Well: sure threre will be some wiring left - from all the switches to the m-Unit and power lines back. "Neutral" is integrated, "clutch" I could definitely live without, "kill" is easy. The functionality of the relief relay is inside the m-Unit, as well as blinker and all the rest (except heated grips).

But I'm not with the sales dept. of these guys, I'm looking for experience.

@Bill: no, it's not. There's a looong way from this to a CAN bus system. It's a replacement for all (!) relays and fuses, that's all.

BMW Airhead -> www.zeebulon.de/bmw
BMW R1100GS -> www.zeebulon.de/R1100GS
XT 500 -> www.zeebulon.de/xt
Basic_Gerd is offline   Reply With Quote