View Single Post
Old 10-07-2012, 08:28 AM   #44
ktmklx OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 658
Thursday

Today was a special day, no more CDR , no more TAT, today we were on a route that I planned out after hours and hours of Base Camp and Google Earth research. I even got some advise from the regional inmates. Today the plan was to ride in the Delores River canyon from Dove Creek to Hwy 141, the tricky part, we would have to ford the Delores River to make it all the way to the highway. Inmates TNC & DCZ offered some good advice on the route and warned that the road along the river turns into to a technical trail. Our plan was to go in and make a decision about the ford once we saw what the terrain looked like. I told the guys if it is to difficult we will just turn around and reroute, I told myself we are going to cross that river!

We had a good breakfast at a little restaurant just down the road from the motel. We had a great time telling each other what we saw and did while we were separated the day before. It felt good to have the crew back together.

Packed and ready to roll.

Some color before we get to the canyon.

Entering the canyon.

The views from the canyon were awesome.

Somehow Mike perched his KLR on this rock. The perfect time to give him some shit about his cheap plastic skid plate.

The road along the river was a blast to ride on, perfect for the 650s.
ktmklx is offline   Reply With Quote