View Single Post
Old 10-07-2012, 05:52 PM   #98
mspa OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 140
I have just enough German in me to be that anal, so it won't be a problem. And I do look forward to knowing this bike better . . . which I know will ONLY come from working on it and pushing through the frustrating times and keep a rolling forward.

Photos are forthcoming, but I got the centerstand working. There is some bend to the tabs, but the important thing for me is for $29 in hardware, I was able to get the bolts all the way in, with new spacers and wave washer, and lube on the spacers to easy movement . . . and new springs. Much easier than I thought. I'll keep an eye on the suckers to see how they hold.

I also got replaced the nuts on the stock risers with nylocks (8mm), and tidied up some loose wiring with zip ties.

The thing I'm stuck on now is wiring inside the headlight bucket so that the ignition's parking mode will NOT turn the light on. I'm going to post some pictures in a new thread I think to get some quick help. But basically, the manual does not have a diagram that shows the numbering system on the board. Maybe the board is not correct for the bike.

1978 BMW R100S "bitza" (R80/7 frame)
mspa is offline   Reply With Quote