View Single Post
Old 10-07-2012, 09:18 PM   #30
vintagerider
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,992
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bender View Post
I believe there a little squeezie nipple on the bottom of the Airbox that will allow you to drain oil and/or water from it.
The oil cover is a twist lock. From side stand side cover the exhaust. The drain cover is on the underside of the air box, to the rear, LS. It it hasn't been off before it may be very tight. It has an o-ring. Install clean and dry. Spray the exhaust with brake cleaner if any oil drained on it. Lift the tab on the oil filler lid on the L rocker cover. Remove the oil fil base part and clean the o-ring, install dry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bender View Post
First time I hit the freeway, (new) one blew out. I had the third one with me and installed it with a tent peg and a tire iron. I took the o-ring of the oil filler cap and limped home.

Where is the crankcase vent for this thing? I'm thinking maybe its pinched or clogged.
Parts price break is 10 quantity for some dealers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimVonBaden View Post
It can for sure. If the second one went in that easily it was likely wrong, defective.

How hard was the third one?

As for the crank case vent, top left side of the motor, under the ABS unit forward of the Bowden Box. Sometimes they git pinched, or there is an obstruction in the air cleaner. Also drain your air cleaner (box) to see if there is oil in it.

Jim
corrected
The crankcase vent hose can be found on the RS just above the telelever pivot. The actual rotary crankcase vent is in the engine. The 1150 can sometimes be blocked by a mis-installed rear main seal but that should not be a problem on the 1100.
vintagerider is offline   Reply With Quote