View Single Post
Old 10-08-2012, 05:35 AM   #157
Dakar83 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 119
The forks are back, Teknic ended up fitting WR450 cartridges and 6.5 springs, one side adjustable for rebound the other for compression. The new centre stand has also been fitted and is so much better, it is much easier to operate no more back ache!

I took the HPM down to Kirup and the West Coast Trail Bike Park for the BMW Off Road course this weekend, it was a great 2 days. The park is amazing, 80kms of tracks through blue gum and natural forest. Hills, water, mud, gravel, single track the works. The course was run for BMW by Wayne and Steve from Stay Upright and they did a great job, it was well worth it to me. I would also highly recommend West Coast Trail Bike Safaris, their ride park is fantastic and they run some great organized trail rides through the South West. I came away with better techniques for cornering, braking, hill descents etc and feel a lot more confident and comfortable on loose gravel than before.

I was really happy with how the bike performed, after 2 days solid riding I am loving it's off road ability. I need slightly higher bar risers for comfort standing up and would like to work out how to use the pivot pegz again as they are more comfortable than the SWT set back pegs, but these are small niggles. Once again the bike shined for it's stability, the suspension was significantly better and the rocks and ruts were no problem. The effortless torque and relatively light weight made for a fun and very manageable combination. I now feel that I would be happy to ride the HPM anywhere I would take the DR650

I took my camera to the course but unfortunately I left the memory card behind (in my computer). I hope to get some pictures from some of the others who attended, if it works out I might post some.
Dakar83 is offline   Reply With Quote