View Single Post
Old 10-08-2012, 11:11 PM   #633
AntiHero OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,146
Had the bike loaded into the Ferry at 8:59 and was off:

Met up with Tricklidz and his gal Mary on the way down to Long Island. He's got a few workshops for his stable of Ducatis (my apologies for the terrible pictures) and they rode in a series of motorcycle documentaries for 4? years I think.

This is probably a good time to write about the biggest difference between my former 'normal' life and the one I'm living. On two days notice I spend a week in solitude in a remote part of an island in a beautiful house that wasn't mine. Then I get on and off a ferry, cruise down a highway in an unfamiliar part of the US on roads I've never seen before, hurling through cities I've never heard of. I arrive in a charming, near-perfect little town where people smile and wave. And then I'm sitting on a comfortable and relaxing porch, gear strewn about, laughing and having lunch and a great time with two people I've never met, but instantly feel like I've known for years. It's fucking weird this trip. Weird and awesome. It's almost like having amnesia--the conversation, the familiarity without any prior memories. But it all just works. Thanks Steve and Mary!
AntiHero is offline   Reply With Quote