View Single Post
Old 10-09-2012, 01:21 PM   #1
Meter Man OP
Living on a prayer

Oddometer: 7,503
2012 FG800s a Review

I rented one for 8 days in Spain from http://www.imtbike.com/ A fine rental place. Treated me well.

I put about 2,500 KM on it, primarily through the Pyrenees. I did both the France and Spain sides. I also moved down the Med coast to Barcelona, taking in some great roads.

It is a great road bike. Confident handling, stable down to the very edge of the tire. The only unused portion of the tire was the the last 10th of an inch. This is the first time I've worn down the sides more than the center of a tire on any motorcycle. Likely due to the thousands of turns over the 8 days.

I averaged about 51 mpg the entire time.

The seat was dished and not the stock one. Possibly the BMW accessory seat called Comfort Seat? That being said, it was the first trip that I wasn't thinking about my uncomfortable backside all day.

I actually liked the sound of the exhaust. A nice burble on deceleration.

The only fault was the wind screen. It needed to be either shorter or taller. Small quibble.

I decided to see how much they are and was a little saddened to learn that the msrp is between $13,000 - $14,000 with cases, seat and heated grips.

Will have to see if there are any super closeouts on the 2012 models.

Meter Man screwed with this post 10-09-2012 at 01:31 PM
Meter Man is offline   Reply With Quote