Picture time.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

This one's my favorite of the day, I think:

There's nothing quite like getting to pull back on the throttle as far as the bike will go and just fly at that speed, smoothly going through very light traffic, on a road that looks like will never end, mountains growing around you like a crescendo, announcing your arrival to Monterrey (a city surrounded by mountains).

Happy with this one too...

Debadged tank to make it look less attractive... There are lots of chinese bikes here, and so the value of a Yamaha is well understood. I tried to advertise it as little as possible.

Parked out front of my host's house... Putting the factory powerlock to use as a theft deterrent. Not long enough to latch onto anything, but at least they won't be rolling the bike away.

Aaaaand... THIS is how you keep a bike from getting hotwired. ;)

Typical Mexican gas station. Basic and premium. The bike runs happily on basic ("Magna"), which is 87 octane. The gas here is usually red, by the way. Pretty attractive looking, red gasoline.

It's cheap here, too.

Also, all gas stations are full service. Whether you want it or not.

My friend from Israel that I stayed with (who was raised in Mexico, immigrated to Israel as a 19 year old or so.)

His family

The packing job. It's heavy enough and leveraged right so that the bike totters from its front to its back wheel on the center stand with just a pindrop of pressure. Yet, it stayed remarkably stable--I had some fast turns that I got some significant lean on, and I never felt a hint of wobble from the weight. I was impressed.

Family dog, adopted from the streets. Sweetheart.

Just the bike, all by herself.

I saw a thousand and one YBR125's from Yamaha, but it was pretty rare to see something with character like this one... What is this, the foreign market XS rebranded or something? It looked like a close relative to ours...

It's a touristy thing to do, but you can't skip seeing an Aztec pyramid while you're here. (Next time I'll have to make the Mayan ones.)

The sun was super bright, so I couldn't see the screen to line up the panorama right... But you get the idea. View from on top of the pyramid:

fintip is offline   Reply With Quote