View Single Post
Old 10-09-2012, 11:52 PM   #3077
joeybeats
Adventurer

Oddometer: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeDuck View Post
I'll go with them (BMW) being too lazy to over edit their own video. It was clearly used to filter through suspension settings. Of course until a bike hits the showroom or someone helps themselves to a pre-prod manual its all academic. It would seem rather backwards to have the wheel only serve one native function: GPS (last I knew there is no ex works option for a GS radio system).

I looked at the video again and now believe that the implication that the multi-controller controls anything other than the nav iv is pure speculation on our part.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWA24OA08-c

Pay particular attention around 5:45 and you will see that the demonstration uses the controller but it isn't followed by anything other than manually adjusting the windshield with a turning knob. Somewhat funny that they are playing with the controller at all since there is no GPS on the bike.

Also, the ESC is manipulated at 5:00 with the ESC button and they do then cut to the computer screen showing them toggle through the choices. You might reasonably expect them to do the same thing with the controller if it were actually controlling something on the bike.

Finally, look at 4:30 and you will see that again they have a shot of the the mode switch being used, followed by a cut to the computer screen showing the modes toggled through.

In short, I politely suggest that their editing the use of the controller into the video is the cause of the implication that the controller does anything more than what is described in the literature, ie, that it controls the nav iv. On the other hand, I've not read the article that was mentioned above or do I otherwise have any personal knowledge of how the controller works. Joey

PS- Two things: 1. I still want one! 2. If I do get one and want to use that multi-controller, I'll have to get rid of my 550 because it won't work with it. HAHA

joeybeats screwed with this post 10-10-2012 at 12:07 AM
joeybeats is offline   Reply With Quote