View Single Post
Old 10-10-2012, 02:44 PM   #104
itsatdm
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,613
Does Auto tune change the values while riding on the bike? or produce a mapping tool to be used later to fine tune.

The reason that I think it may matter, is the sensors that dictate which "map", are the position of the throttle, oil temp, air pressure(altitude) and air temp.

The ECU reads electrical current from each sensor, does it computer thingy and sends a signal to the injectors that result in the proper opening time and pressure.

My understanding is, this output is what gets changed by Dynojet. Add a little, lose a little. Correct?

The maps are really mathmatical logarithms. Don't know much about them either, except they are the product of other numbers multiplied together, usually a square root. If so, they are weighted, depending upon the multiplier.

Here is what I suspect. A perfect tune at sea level will not be perfect at altitude. What I do not know is if those sensors have some hierarchy of importance to the ECU. In other words is air temp more important than air pressure and is weighted more? The stock ECU makes adjustments and the output is the result of all the sensors product.

Probably no worse result than fiddling with jetting on a carbed bike, but I am not sure it is as accurate as the stock ECU.