View Single Post
Old 10-10-2012, 03:24 PM   #56
Lucky 7 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 120
There were a lot more deadwood piles here than we'd seen yet. I couldn't imagine the manpower that went into this. All of these carefully stacked piles went for miles. MILES.

Kind of a cool pic.

I see a little silhoutto of a man...

When the gravel ran out, we rode along the South Umpqua River for awhile. We thought it might cross up with 28 again at some point. In the meantime, it was beautiful riding.

John's sand madness was long forgotten, but this is when he started getting the fish madness. In some of these spots, we could actually see them down there. We didn't pack poles and I didn't think I'd have much luck hitting them with my hunting knife. The fish wait for another day.

Here fishy fishy...

We did indeed cross our friend hwy 28 and jumped on in search of camping. A few more miles of riding found us well off the beaten path and under the big trees.

We camped right underneath these big guys next to a little creek. Hard to complain about this.

Another great day. The TAT was mostly behind us now, but we'd see it again a time or two before the tires tasted salt water. Ocean, here we come.

Mileage: 213
Lucky 7 is offline   Reply With Quote