I've spent about a year rehabbing a '73 R75/5 with a freebie R75/6
as a donor bike. The /6 was in better condition internally despite having been parked outside in a San Francisco backyard for a few years, so that should give you some idea of the /5's condition as it was found.
Last night I finally hooked up the battery. Lo, and behold:
LET THERE BE LIGHT.
There are still plenty of problems, among them:
- Left side turn signal doesn't flash, just activates signal indicator light (as pictured)
- Headlight only works when dimmer switch is activated
- Horn doesn't work, though it does when connected directly to battery leads
- Ignition and light switch is touch-and-go, and won't fully engage without jiggling
- Beacon 1 LED tail light seems to be at full brightness all the time. Neither brake switch works
- Neutral indicator doesn't work, though it tests fine with the multimeter
- Can't get my iPhone to pair with it over Bluetooth. Tried for about an hour. WTF?
Needless to say I've got a lot of work ahead of me, but it was the first sign of life I've gotten since I started working on it a year ago.