View Single Post
Old 10-11-2012, 11:23 PM   #11
sideup
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by p-luc View Post
I got the samething on my bike, Trottle tube in aluminum. The think I found is the element in the grip is a spring, if you twist the grip, the sping open and you got a little bit more room. You still have to sand it down, I even pollish it with a buffer, like a mirror!!!
There is a ''bumper ring'' near the cam, even sand that one, just be careful to not be too close to have the trottle tube free of movement.

Did the same, had to cut the first one and bought a new one
p-luc
Nice to know I did not suffer alone. Good Idea about twisting the grip as long as you know which way to twist.
Still I don't know if it would be enough and then it would drive me crazy having the pattern twisted on the outside of the grip.
Here is a photo of the cut grip. Another problem about a spring the more one tries to expand sliding farther on the tube the smaller the remain coil gets. I don't know about you but the first time it was like I came to a hard stop and it would go no further. I sanded my knurling and then finished it down to 320 grit finish cause I didn't want to not want to go through another broken wire. Well I have spare left grip now and so do you probably.

Sherco 290 ST
sideup is offline   Reply With Quote