Thread: Shed Bikes
View Single Post
Old 10-12-2012, 01:39 AM   #24
Larry Landes
Adventure Rider Dude

Oddometer: 105
Those are both great bikes. That Yammy will run like a Timex. The TS is much more tame than the TM and rides like a 4 stroke. Long, broad power. You should keep them both.

I've got a '71 Yamaha 250 and a '73 TS 400 for vintage riding. Just got the TS because my buddy got one a while back and loves it. Although I've not ridden the TS much, I can tell already that I'm really going to like it.

BTW, your TS is a '72 but has '73 tank emblems. ('72 are silver background with black letters and '73 are black background with white letters). Other than that, yours looks really original and you got a great buy. I need a set of emblems for my '73, so if you decide to change them out, let me know. I'll buy your '73 emblems.

Have fun. Vintage bikes are a blast and have the best smiles per dollar ratio of anything on the planet. My buddy with the TS and I are going to do a vintage Baja trip in a few months. I'll put images on my blog link below. (I'm an idiot with technology, so you need to scroll down the get to the photos.)

Cheers.
Larry Landes is offline   Reply With Quote