View Single Post
Old 10-12-2012, 08:41 AM   #5
LuciferMutt OP
Rides slow bike slow

Oddometer: 10,935
Thanks for the info. I think I'm going to completely remove the PO installed outlet in the garage and plug the tender in elsewhere.

By doing so, this eliminates any alunminum and copper wires on the same fixture and puts the washer outlet on its own branch like it was supposed to be. In case anyone is confused, all new fixtures I used are rated for BOTH copper and aluminum and have the aluminum screws on them.

The only thing I need to discover now is where the copper wiring to the other outlets in the garage connects to the old aluminum -- probably the outlet in the living room on the other side of the wall. This will be the next thing to check and make sure is the correct rated outlet. Question for this -- the receptacles have two sets of screws. If they are the correct CO/ALR rated receptacle, can't I have the alum. wires going to one set of screws and the copper wire going to the other set of screws? Then the copper is not physically touching the aluminum and both wires are properly secured. I don't see how this could cause resistance problems?

Badasses might screw with another badass. Nobody screws with a nut job. -- Plaka
LuciferMutt is offline   Reply With Quote