View Single Post
Old 10-12-2012, 10:10 AM   #8
Strog OP
Geek on two wheels

Oddometer: 395
I stop for the evening at Harlan County Lake just outside of Alma, NE (where I was born). I found a spot under some trees since I wasnít 100% sure if it was going to get nasty or not later. Iím setting up my tent and see another motorcycle pulling in and looking for a spot. He waves and drives on through before coming back around to pick a spot across from me near the water. I finish setting up and walk over to say hi. He tells me that his name is Clee and heís riding his BMW K1200GT to see as much of the country as he can. I didnít get exact figures but heís been on the road for weeks and isnít done yet. He started in Fort Collins this morning and will be eating BBQ in Kansas City tomorrow. We talk for a while then I decided it was time to head into town to find some food. I went to a cafe that my grandmother always loved to go to. It has a different name and the food was fine. It was sprinkling again but quit by the time I finished eating my pizza burger and hash browns.

I didnít fall asleep very early so I didnít get up at 7:00 when I woke up. It was cloudy and quiet so I fell back asleep until I got up at 8:30. Iíll have to cut a couple things off my loop since Iím starting later than I planned originally. Clee is packed up and pulling around the campground when I get out of the tent. He gives a big wave and I wave back. He should be able to make KC for a late lunch and then on whatever is next after that. I start the stove for some coffee and start tearing down camp. I went over to do the self pay for the campsite while the french press is steeping. Mmmmm french press coffee was good. I finished packing, cleaning, taking pictures and then lube the chain.