View Single Post
Old 10-13-2012, 04:44 AM   #52
kimangao OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 657
6th - 8th of March

This is my inofficial setting-off day. Inofficial because I'm still waiting for the white HP2. But the white tank hasn't made it's way from OZ to Europe yet. I decide to leave beautiful Marseilles now to stroll around. I'll be back here for the official start

On top of the hill you see Marseilles landmark, the church of Notre-Dame de la Garde.

This monument is the visual gateway to Northern-Africa where France held territories for a long time. I'll be there soon, in Morocco, Algeria, Tunisia. That's at least what I believe now. But who knows his fate? Planning often replaces contigency by error

I'm following the rocky coastline a bit until I reach the vast beaches west of Marseilles. A good spot to regain some riding abilities on tracks and on sand.

The plage de L'Espiguette is completely abandonned in early spring. Perfect!

This is the first time I say "Halleluja, what a bike!" I've been riding an HP2 one or two years ago in Tunisia for a short while but I've completely forgotten how easy and powerful at the same time this thing behaves.

The plage de L'Espiguette and the nearby town of La Grande Motte is the first chance to meet an ADVinmate, kktos. Not knowing each other before, he told me when I was seeking some info here on the board that I will necessarily pass his home. It's right on the shore and if I only follow the coastline I cannot miss it.

Ok, somewhere over there ...

kimangao screwed with this post 10-14-2012 at 02:30 PM
kimangao is offline   Reply With Quote