View Single Post
Old 10-13-2012, 11:35 AM   #104
freefallen OP
down with gravity

Oddometer: 240
San Francisco

San Francisco is my most western stop after which I turn around and head back completing my giant loop of almost 10,000 miles.

Entering the Golden Gate Bridge:

Son's self portrait:

The ride down route 1 was impressive. Somewhere between Oregon and California:

Still Oregon:

So we wanted to see the golden bridge in all its glory? Itís almost always covered up by puffy white clouds:

But on the following day my son went with his friends and managed to capture some clear shots:

Having stopped in the center of SF, we went looking for some good food. As my son rightly noticed SF is a large farm with paved roads, tall buildings and many lights. After the sunset the streets cleared out and everyone went to sleep, by 10pm itís practically a ghost town. Whether you want to or not SF is compared with NY, the city that never sleeps. Certain areas in NYC only liven up after 10pm. In Greenwich Village everything is open 24/7.

A few parks were still in front of me, including Death Valley, where I planned on doing some heavy offroading. My rear tire was cause for some concern, I would have made it back home but the protector in the center of the tire was noticeably worn out. I didnít want to risk it so I decided to get a new tire while in SF, in the morning I took my bike to a local shop. So my bike was now ready for the next leg of my journey.

Right in the center of SF, not far from Lombard Street:

While we had a free hour to explore, we decided to walk around:

We stopped by Super Duper Burger for lunch. I think the burger had something like 3,000 calories because I was full for the remainder of the day:

You canít find a better view when playing golf. These ladies were practicing:

Suzi V-Strom '12 (just bough it)
Suzi V-Strom '06 (35 000 miles), Suzi V-Strom '04 (97 000 mile)
freefallen is offline   Reply With Quote