View Single Post
Old 10-14-2012, 05:31 AM   #169
Dakar83 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 147
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSD4ME View Post
Maybe your boots aren`t quite up to snuff. I did a BMW course some years ago with Simon Pavey (name drop) and Wayne Clarke as instructors. The bikes were 650 Dakars and had the standard narrow foot pegs; I wore BMW road boots. After two days of standing on the pegs my legs were pretty sore as well, so when I got home I bought some strong adventure boots and fitted wider Fastway pegs to my 1100GS. With the lower Fastways and handlebar risers I could ride standing up for many kilometres if I needed to with no ill effects.

18 Months after the first course, I did the trail bike course on an Xchallenge. They had wider pegs as standard and with my stronger boots, I had no trouble standing on the pegs for the two day course. As soon as the bike got moving, we had to stand up and were yelled at if we weren`t.

A mate of mine uses Pivot Pegs with the centreing (is that a word?) spring removed and claims it is more comfortable.
I was using a well worn pair of BMW Santiago boots, I found the pegs angled slightly back so most pressure was on the front ridge ie very narrow section. Now with the Pivot Pegz fitted it should be no problem.
Dakar83 is offline   Reply With Quote