View Single Post
Old 10-14-2012, 03:12 PM   #56
kimangao OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 657
9th - 11th March

When I met kktos for the first time I was impressed by his excellent hospitality and moreover his idea about riding. A true adventure rider. What I didn't knew that time is that I would meet him later on that journey again. Several times ... But first things first

kktos introduced me to the region between the city of Montpellier and the Camargue, western Europes largest river delta.

The Camargue is home to some ancient places like the town of Aigues Mortes, meaning Dead Waters. Louis IX had built the town in 1240 as a port. In his days France didn't have a port in Southern France. But he needed one for several reason. The most important might have been to embark the 7th Crusade. Also the 8th Crusade set off from Aigues Mortes.

Over the centuries river Rhône sedimented that much material that nowadays the ancient port is 8kms from the shore.

kktos enjoyed a superb night sky right in front of the city walls ... while I was trying to take a proper picture ...

Next morning I went for a trip to another legendary spot: Les Saintes Maries de la Mer.

But I see Les Saintes Maries only from far. A little problem on the HP2 forced me to have a first in-depth analysis of the electrics. The starter engine didn't like to disconnect from the gearbox after starting the engine ...

kimangao screwed with this post 10-14-2012 at 03:30 PM
kimangao is offline   Reply With Quote