View Single Post
Old 10-14-2012, 03:22 PM   #32
AviatorTroy
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,545
Thought I'd bring this thread back to date a little...

This summer I burned through a set of Anakee 2 which I liked a lot to say the least. Pretty good in really rough stuff where a GS doesn't belong, and great n the street. Best rain tire I've ever run. About 85% s good in the twisties as say a sport touring tire would be. The bad and somewhat ugly is that I had to change the front out at the same time as the rear because the front was getting some really weird cupping and it had plent of tread left but was thumping and vibrating pretty good due to the strange wear patten.

I also burned trough a set of Battlewings. Those were the OEM tires when i got the bike and man, for the price these things are probably as good as it gets. Probably a little bettering the twisties than the Anakees due to the more rounded profile. Good in the rain. Fine on gravel and forest roads. Lasted me about 6000 miles and would have gone a little longer but a lot of those miles were in Florida and the rear squared off which a dual compound like the Anakee won't do as bad. Defenately won't last as long as the Anakee 2 but the rubber compound is softer and the price is fantastic, you should be able to get a pair for right around 200$ if you shop around.

Lastly, REVZILLA HAS TOURANCES ON SALE RIGHT NOW!

I don't need tires right now but I always will, right? These are the original Tourance, so I want to get a set before they become unavailable as the rumor says.

Just have to fry off the last bit of my rear TKC which shouldn't take long.....
AviatorTroy is offline   Reply With Quote