View Single Post
Old 10-14-2012, 04:49 PM   #268
Sutherngintelmen
around the bend

Oddometer: 1,207
Rigid Dually's have mass. Techmounts to crash bar set up failed on my last trip. One, then the other with another 30 hours riding.

I decided to try something permanent. Nylon saddle washers with 8mm x 1.25 x 55mm SS hex bolts drilled through crash bar cross brace. I coated holes with paint then sealed with silicone to keep things from rust in the long run (and rattle canned the saddle washers.) Very cost effective. Yes, I weakened the cross member some.

I've got the Clearwaters mounted on the thin gauge steel plate - I think Ezmount? Don't know if it's stout enough for Dually.

Couple of things - I'm an aux light ho. Always have been. I like light: see and be seen. Too much? Maybe. Nice to have amber markers in pre dawn fog. Clearwaters punch a long way out and dim to 20% with instant 100% on high beam.

And yes - straight to battery for wiring.

Techmounts fail

Custom

Off

Melt

There is a pleasure in the pathed woods, There is a rapture in the smoking pipe, There is chaos, where none intrudes, in the deep dell, with its thrills roar; I love not nature less, but bikes the more. Byron riding.

All pics < 6/30/12 deleted by Apple Now with SmugMug supporting ADV
Sutherngintelmen is offline   Reply With Quote