View Single Post
Old 10-14-2012, 06:59 PM   #158
Kommando
Grumpy Young Man

Oddometer: 6,444
Quote:
Originally Posted by r311music View Post
Sounds good. I saw some of your pics in the other threads on here and that pretty much settled my decision on what I want for my second bike. It was between a DS or a cruiser, but now that I know Orlando actually has some places to enjoy a DS, I'm going that route.
There's also Croom, the Spacecoast, Ocala NF, Eglin AFB, and Blackwater. The US, State, and County Hwys can get you around to these places just fine if you want to stay off the tollroads and interstates. I use Hwy44 or Hwy40 (New Smyrna or Daytona) over from US1 or I-95 most times I ride to Ocala NF from Melbourne. The smaller roads are much nicer, as long as they aren't choked with traffic lights and 25MPH-zones. Chuluota and Snow Hill can take you north from E Orlando pretty nicely. Dean Rd up to Aloma, over to Tuskawilla can get you closer to Ocala NF decently as well. Once you get up to Deland or Altoona, you're pretty much at the NF.

I ride a DR650, but a lighter bike with knobby tires (especially the front) is much easier to handle/lift in the sand around here. Offroad boots and a decent chest protector can help keep you from having a bad day on the trails too. Hook up with a group and a bunch of people can show you the ropes...and trails.
Kommando is offline   Reply With Quote