View Single Post
Old 10-15-2012, 07:10 AM   #9
Jonny955
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 234
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckdog View Post
Thanks for the advice! I realize that ever bike will have problems but for the cost of one of this things they should be miner unless you are thrashing the bike. Would a used 1200 GS adventure or a KTM 990 be a more solid chose. that might be a can of worms i am opening but i want the most bike for my money. I am sick and tired of paying for junk there are very few people that take pride in what they build any more. If you now of any dealers that are good to work with in or around Kentucky let me know.
Yes, that would be a can of worms!

I've ridden the F800GS on and off road and it was on my shortlist for a replacement adventure bike. I then looked at the qualities I wanted which includes top notch fully adjustable suspension all round. Ignoring the reliability issues completely, I figured it would cost a small fortune to bring the F800GS up to the same level as the 990 Adventure that I ended up with.

Most F800GS riders are perfectly happy with their bikes but I knew what I would be missing. As it happens, there are other reasons for going Orange too but it depends what you really want. Certainly, I have no complaints about the build quality on the KTM.

Jon
Jonny955 is offline   Reply With Quote