Thread: Norra 2013
View Single Post
Old 10-15-2012, 03:09 PM   #65
Grimace Soup
beechum1's Avatar
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: Not home in Tijuana
Oddometer: 8,610
Originally Posted by Strong Bad View Post
NO this is wrong information!

FM-3 is a visa for residing in Mexico for 1 year. A simple Tourist Visa obtained at the border is what you need. Bajabound (a great insurance company to use) explains it all here:

Normally the only place your tourist visa is checked is at the Guerrero Negro checkpoint (southbound only) or at the airport if you fly out.

You will need a passport to get the Tourist Visa, but other than that you don't need one to get into Baja. Although you are supposed to have a passport with you when returning into the USA, I have NEVER herd of anyone not being allowed back in to the states without one. Sure you might have to go to secondary inspection, and you might be delayed a little bit, and you will get a bad attitude from the Border Patrol/Customs guys but fuck those assholes anyway! Jajajajajaja!
wow, I messed that up all the way. thanks!
Originally Posted by Boondoggle View Post
Watching Dakar is like watching people who've built their own world, and for just a couple of weeks they get to live in it.
beechum1 is offline   Reply With Quote