View Single Post
Old 10-15-2012, 03:15 PM   #72
runnin4melife OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 766
Getting closer...

The brake lines came in today. I went with Spiegler lines because they come w/the ability to swivel them. This was integral on one of the lines. I went w/a 38 inch line w/a 20 degree bend (caliper side) and a 45 degree bend (ABS side) and then a 39 inch line w/a 20 degree bend (caliper side) and a 90 degree bend (ABS side). This worked out nicely and I am happy with the lengths, not too much and enough for the suspension travel plus turning of the handle bars (and enough for a full turn and full suspension load/no load). I reused the double banjo from the left caliper up top and switched the other one for the caliper (didn't have to buy new banjos at all).

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I routed the lines behind the lower triple clamp as you can see, I wanted the forks to protect them and this provided the best routing method in my opinion.

Photobucket

I am still waiting for my other fork clamp so I can finish the left line.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I test drove it around the block mashing the break about 50 times and saw no issues with the lines etc... The top nylon guide is integral though as it really lets the lines slide up and down. As soon as the other fork clamp is in I will finish that. When I get back in town I will mount the KTM 690 fender and will decide whether I will try and make another beak or just leave the flat piece of CF there. I also need to fab the lower CF fork guards. I am very pleased with it so far!
runnin4melife is online now   Reply With Quote