View Single Post
Old 10-15-2012, 08:37 PM   #13
Hayate
ADV Monkey

Oddometer: 59
Another similar answer

Got mine July '09, and it survived that season just fine. Then I road it in the rain the next spring. It spent more time in the shop then on the road the next month as it simply wouldn't start when it was wet. So that was the carbon can issue that only showed up in the US and I'm sure these forums are familiar with the problem and solution. Anyway between that and some other recalls I got new spark plugs, injectors, chain, sprockets, and a new heated grip that failed. Not only that but BMW hooked me up with a few hundred $ in dealer cash after so many tows and downtime (and most embarrassingly the Harley neighbors asking me if my bike was just broken all the time or if that was the Repoman). Got me that center stand I couldn't decide on up front for free!

That was all cleared up 3 years ago now with tons of hard riding since and now and I can say without hesitation; This bike is awesome! 42,000 miles of 90mph highway, two up around 3 great lakes, cross country to Bike Week, and trails, mud, rocks, sand and several falls without a problem

(oh ok I almost forgot that my rear bearings did go this summer way too early, but that was an easy fix and they say they are improved... oh and my clutch plates went too early too but that was my fault for not leaving some play in the cable)

Join the club, I'm sure you will love it. And if you are ever in MN come join us for a ride, we have an F800GS only group that needs more members! LOL
Minnesota Parallel "Twin" Cities GS Riders
Daniel Betlock Adventure Rider
Hayate is offline   Reply With Quote