View Single Post
Old 10-15-2012, 11:12 PM   #10
FLICKIT OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 708
Some Mods

Thanks for the comments ... they're appreciated

I've got a couple more rides to write about... but I might mention a couple of mods first... (pointless starting another thread for them)

I've been using a soft Ventura top-bag which came with the bike and I hated it... The zippers are a bit dickie, the ones on the pockets are too short so it's a pain to get stuff in and out of them... and with the tapered design of the main compartment you have to pull all the stuff out of the top to get to lower stuff... And it's not really waterproof!

Even though it weighs about 6kg, I wanted my cheap Pelican copy top box on the Tenere... They're water & dust proof, easy to get to everything, when I have to push the bike backwards it's easy to just learn against the box and push, a lot easier than dragging on the bars or grab handles... And when I drop the bike the box keeps the rear up off the ground a bit...

Thread about the boxes:
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...=619341&page=3

It hangs over the seat a bit so I had to make some quick release mounts so I can get under the seat to the air filter and battery:

I had to file the sides off so they clear the grab handles:

I'll replace the panhead screws with countersunk ones when I get some:

The fingers sit snugly either side of the B&B rack mounting bushes so it's located left to right:

A couple of easy to get to 6mm bolts through the back, I might replace them with something else eventually:

I generally always ride solo, and more often than not in remote places, so I carry a lot of tools, survival gear, and odd'n'sods to get me out of trouble if necessary:

I also moved the RAM-mount from above the speedo to down on the bars:

It wasn't bad up high, but it vibrated a bit, and I find it easier to use down at bar level:

BTW, the rubber-bands around the phone aren't really needed, but I like the added security, there's no way the phone can jump out

:)
FLICKIT is offline   Reply With Quote