View Single Post
Old 10-16-2012, 01:11 PM   #1308
Twentyniner
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 288
Quote:
Originally Posted by advswede1981 View Post
Got a question for you all...

As much as I like my KLR it's lacking the "umph" I want in a serious adv touring bike. I initially got my KLR so I could ride 50/50, but learned over time that I'm more a 80/20 road rider. As much as I like hitting the trails on my KLR, I'm much more into driving 300 miles on a highway comfortably to find a decent dirt road that takes me to a secluded camping spot. I'm hooked on ADV but I want something bigger and more adv touring oriented (gear and/or 2-up kinda stuff), like the BMW 800, 1200 GS/GSA etc. I almost bought a 1200GSA last month but decided to hold off to do some more research. Well, I'm kinda glad I did because it seems to me that all roads lead to the new Super Tenere. I know a lot of you got tons of experience in this field and ride bigger bikes as well.

What's your thoughts on the Tenere? The good.. the bad... the ugly... I'd like to hear it .

And yes... if I decide to make the switch my pampered KLR will be out for grabs
I recently bought my Tenere for more two-up, highway type riding. It works great for that, and seems to do alright in the dirt also, although I probably won't take it to all the places my DRZ loves to go.

"Two men can learn more from milking a cat, than they could learn from a fourth, much taller man."
Twentyniner is offline   Reply With Quote