View Single Post
Old 10-16-2012, 02:13 PM   #2
invisible monster OP
Gnarly Adventurer
invisible monster's Avatar
Joined: Sep 2007
Location: Perry County, OH
Oddometer: 486
Here's my first (of many I'm sure) questions:

Does anyone know of a place that makes replacement gauge faces for these older bikes? The speedo and tach dials are quiet weathered and it would be nice to replace them.

This bike is just going to be used around our property, I am not going to title it for the street. Planning to run only a headlight and tail light. Do I still need a battery or will the running motor support those?

Any chance the stock shocks can be serviced in some way? I'm guessing not.

The engine is locked up. I am guessing that I will need to have it bored and replace top end parts. Will any shop that works with motorcycle engines be able to bore the jug for me or am I going to have to look for a place that specializes in vintage bikes?
invisible monster is offline   Reply With Quote