View Single Post
Old 10-16-2012, 02:49 PM   #74
kimangao OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 657
14th - 15th of March

I'm leaving kktos, Nîmes (the origin of Denim) and La Grande Motte behind (for now) because I have an appointment with two friends, Guido and Sandra, in nearby Spain.

I follow the coastline where possible. A lot of Étangs (lagoons) like the Étang de Prevost accompany me along the way. What appears to be flat buildings is the roman Cathedral of Maguelonne. Can you imagine that this place was once ruled by an Arabian Caliphat? Well, Arabian is not really correct, it was the Almohads, a Berber-Dynasty coming from nowadays Morocco. They controlled Maguelonne and vast coastal areas in Spain in the 8th century.

In one of the many little harbours I spot this sailboat. There are some ideas of the owner that I like. The barrel ...

... and the name of the boat (Jusqu'au Bout - Till the End)

Right after the border, the landscape get much more hilly. Guido, Sandra and me are heading to the northwesternmost spot of Spain, the Cap de Creus.

Rocky sections turn into pine-tree forest with their magnificent aroma.

Between the Cap and Rosas are some pretty tracks. Perfect for loaded beemers

Bringing you a bit closer to the action ...

We share two excellent days, then Guido and Sandra head further south. Me, I return to France, still awaiting the arrival of the white HP2.

kimangao screwed with this post 10-16-2012 at 02:59 PM
kimangao is offline   Reply With Quote