View Single Post
Old 10-16-2012, 04:10 PM   #7
acejones
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,719
Quote:
Originally Posted by KLRcaptain View Post
Thanks for all the advice guys. We do have reservations at Leos from Friday till Monday . Other than that I'm winging it. Ace , did you go I 10 -I 75 - 91?
Going down, I took it easy except the first day. I did Diamond head to Gainesville day 1.
Day 2 to Naples, Day 3 to Florida City, Day 4 to KW.
So mostly I-10 to I-75. After Naples I went on down across the bottom of the glades to Florida City.
Coming back I brutalized myself and went from KW on up to Gainesville on the Florida Turnpike and across through Wild wood (10.5 hours). Next day Gainesville to'Diamondhead. On that leg I had a valve stem problem and lost five hours.
I was on a R1150R. Faster and more comfortable than your KLR. That's why I think you are overly optimistic with your ideas about timing. I would reconsider KW for another time if I were you simply because of Fantasy Fest and all the traffic and crowds it brings.

I just looked at Jackson to Ocala and it says 9H22m. In reality that's going to be closer to 12 hours with fuel stops, food, water, etc. Don't forget you are going to lose an hour over near Tallahassee.