View Single Post
Old 10-16-2012, 10:26 PM   #7
TwinDuro
Befuddled Adventurer

Oddometer: 306
I care about your old bikes buls, and I'm only a 20 something... but then again, I'm not normal. Who's Justin Beiber?

Seriously though, you speak the truth, it seems that the vast majority (but definitely not all) of kids/younger adults aren't interested in vintage/classic bikes, which is a shame . I hope that changes for the positive in the next couple of decades, even in a small way.

FWIW, my take on this subject is that no matter what you own: motorcycles, cars, vintage tractors, baseball cards etc., it would be ideal to have everything clearly laid out and decided upon in one's will well in advance, so there's absolutely no question on who gets what. We've all seen, and likey experienced, families being torn apart by arguments over who gets one thing or another. It's not pretty and more often then not, turns downright ugly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by buls4evr View Post
My wife will sell mine and keep the cash. She already knows what to ask for all of them. My kids are not interested in old bikes and a lot of young folks just don't care about them at all. They think we are old dottering fools. Their idea of something to collect will be OLD Taylor Swift or Justin Beiber albums. Either way ,I won't care anymore.