View Single Post
Old 10-17-2012, 06:15 AM   #6641
BigDogAdventures
Fart Letter

Oddometer: 4,886
Missouri Fall Colors

Boy the Missouri Fall colors were out in force---my be even better this next weekend.

I finished up a ride down thru Ky., Tenn., Miss., and Arkansas at the Falling Leaf Rally in Potosi, MO.
Met up with Jeff---MizzouRider------------were plotting some evil riding soon !!!!
Also ran into Gunslinger1----we got some single track to ride we decided.

Went to Bo's Hollow---just south of Montauk State Park----that place is just open the rest of this month I think and they
will close for the winter.

Then rode thru Montauk state park.

The old mill at Montauk state park.

I arrived at the rally and a friend grabbed me and said "You have got to see this"---------OK !!!!!
Honz--a friend of mine and owner of Gateway BMW in St. Louis had just bought this racing offroad sidecar rig.
He said---"I just had to have it"".
Honz is a wild a crazy guy------and everybody knows it------get out of the way !!!!!

680cc's of rip snortin' 2-stroke.
Don't try to kickstart it---it will break your leg and you will bleed to death--------push start only !!!!
He ripped across the nice green grass on this thing slinging 10lb. chunks of dirt and grass in big clumps.
You could have laid a water line in the ditch this thing dug.
He almost threw off his "monkey" passenger---it was a hoot to watch and there was no way I was riding this thing.

My good friend Roger Hayes---been a friend for a good 35 years I think.
Like me------he's one of those cheap KLR riders---but had the latest in KLIM's line-up of adventure gear.

BMW rallying is brutal----no wonder I went home wore out.
There were about 15 of my hometown friends there and we had a hoot and tented in the worse storm I've ever been thru.
In the middle of the night tents went flying everywhere. It was said that people were chasing their tents across the rally ground
in the strong midnight winds-----many tents ended up in the dumpster------it was bad.
We all survived somehow----I guess we had our tent pegs dug in a little deeper than most.

My rear Mefo Explorer was bald.
There were a lot of vendors there and I had them put me on a new tire.
I took the wheel off myself and got it installed cheaper than if I ordered one and put it on myself. First time I've ever not put on a tire myself.
Gettin' old I guess.
Guess I'll try out this Heidenau Scout and see how it does.

The calm before the storm--what a beautiful place to camp at the 4H grounds in Potosi, Missouri.
We burnt a lot of firewood that weekend.

If you want to read about my whole ride it's http://www.bigdogadventures.com/1ToFallingLeaf2012.htm

Of special interest is I did the newly laid out Mississippi Trans America Trail on this ride. The route has been changed drastically from the original.

BigDog
2013 Husky 650 TR650 Terra

BigDogAdventures screwed with this post 10-17-2012 at 06:24 AM
BigDogAdventures is offline   Reply With Quote