I ended up ordering new seals for the one side. I left the head attached to cylinder but loosed the nuts at 6 and 12 o'clock. The seal that was bad was torn longitudely about half way down. It might have been fine but then one never knows. The large and small o-rings looked fine and the head gasket was a little warped from hanging up on the threads of the studs as I was pulling the cylinder off but no real damage. It'll flatten back out as I retorque the head nuts. I cleaned off the head gasket reapplied Halomar and buttoned everything back up. Here's hoping nothing leaks.
Thanks for everyone's help. Maybe I'll get this project finished at some point.
2004 R1150GS Adventure (The Valdez)
1973 R75/5 Red Toaster (Amy)
1970's Frankenbeemer Cafe Project