View Single Post
Old 10-17-2012, 09:11 AM   #103
howl
990 Adventure

Oddometer: 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sporting Wood View Post
I have a template for a 950

Have a couple buds with 990's but it'll be a while till I can get my paws on their bikes.

FWIW, I don't really think this particular filter is really all that and a bag 'o chips. Works and its a pretty decent compromise, but the fit is pretty tight/ weird and it routes air mostly right above the velocity stacks. Way...WAY better than living with the airbox but I'm thinking single UNI's might be just as good and a bunch easier... though the problem of attaching them well remains. Back in 2007 I ran some single K&Ns that worked great... but I ride a lot of dust and had them simply zip tyed to the carb intake w/o the velocity stack. Put the box back on eventually.

One observation, water from rain likes to roll down between the glove box and the seat, soaking the top of the filter just above the rear intake. It'd be wise to weatherstrip the gap or cover it when it rains.
Thank you for reply ,single UNI's sound a better idea if they could be attached ,like you comment about the rain ,we get quite a bit if that in England ,could fabricate somthing to cover that gap under the seat may be.
howl is offline   Reply With Quote