View Single Post
Old 10-17-2012, 08:45 AM   #1
Reino OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 206
Ktm spongy front brakes

This is the link to the tread on ktm talk.

http://ktmtalk.com/index.php?showtop...o%20bolt&st=30

"If you remove the banjo bolt and locate a drill bit the same size as the original hole (pretty close anyway) and use the original hole as a drill guide just go thru the other side of the bolt. The third and forth holes can be easily eyeballed but need to be drilled with a smaller size drill bit. Just go easy and take your time.

I personally drilled the cross set of holes since the bolt was out and I had an extra bolt if I blew it, but I suspect even adding the hole opposite the original might even be enough.

As a pointer for easy drilling use the drills that are known as split points. These will begin cutting easily without walking around. If they aren't available you'll likely want to either use a pilot drill or since the holes is small, slightly center punch the spot you want.

Travis posted a good find that's almost free and very easy to do. It will likely take longer to remove and install the bolt than to drill it. And when you tighten it remember it doesn't hold the rear shock on."

note only use 2mm drill bit, otherwise the bolt will break when tightened.

Basically that banjo bolt has only one hole and sometimes when that hole is not in the correct position there is an air bubble that is trapped. No amount of bleeding will remove that bubble. Also don't drill to many holes.

I also have a fix for the rear axle block cracking on our ktm's, is simple, cheap, lasts long and is very sturdy.
I will make a new thread on this one when i am home during my Nov Jan vacation.

"Nothing makes me smile more than the muscles in my face." - Hendrik Moller

Similar project in the works http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y91Jms6MyCY.
Reino is offline   Reply With Quote