View Single Post
Old 10-17-2012, 02:32 PM   #10
dirtysouthjacket
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 530
Quote:
Originally Posted by puckinet View Post
Why keep a KLR when the F800 will go everywhere a KLR will go, IMO and this is my opion if you want a second bike 250 or 450 is a good combo. Once again this is my opion.
I just did the exact same thing. Traded a gentleman off craigslist in Louisiana my 07 KLR for a 2011 F800GS. I met him in Alabama on Monday and rode it back to Columbia SC. I took a two day break to rest and am really looking forward to riding it to the gym tonight after work. So far I love it. The headlight alone makes it a better bike... not to mention, the power, the smoothness, the sound, the handling, etc., Of course it all came with a hefty price tag.

I agree with puckinet. Unless you have the money to pay taxes and insurance to keep the KLR, I'd let it go. I'd much rather have the F800GS and something like a cheap DR350 to play in the woods. At least thats my plan. I did really really think long on the ride down to AL about how much I liked the KLR. Its been a great bike for me, but I was definitely grinning from ear to ear riding home.

I will say I really really want to get on a 690R one day, but would A) probably get arrested B) probably end up single after taking my girl on a few long rides.

Let us know how the new bike treats you when you get it!

2011 F800GS Alpine White, 1998 KDX 200, 2000 KL250G Super Sherpa
DSJ's Shenanigans
dirtysouthjacket is offline   Reply With Quote