View Single Post
Old 10-17-2012, 06:15 PM   #62
Kedgi OP
Banned

Oddometer: 1,388
Thumb Made it to Mexico

Made it to Mexico

Mexico, Maine that is!!!

I figured I would stop at dusk and Mexico seemed about the right distance, it was, but there was a catch, no motels in Mexico Maine. I pushed on to Rumford, the GPS took me for a ride around looking for a motel and dropping me off in a residential area in front of someone's house, claiming, I had arrived at destination. I back tracked a few miles asked a couple local guys directions and was happy to find the Linnel Motel. It was dark and the temperature had dropped from a high of 62 to 45 in a hurry when the sun went down.

The ride to the US border with my buddy Steve was excellent. The Fall foliage is at peak and simply amazing. I don't remember them ever being so nice.

US Customs was a breeze. The Officer at US Customs even asked if I had a blog when I told her I was headed to SA, I told her how to find me on ADVrider, so now she's likely reading along.

I'll post some pictures from today later. The internet here is very slow. I tried to Skype Angele and we talked briefly but then it cut out. She knows I'm safe and sound after day 1
Kedgi is offline   Reply With Quote