View Single Post
Old 10-18-2012, 06:24 AM   #22
Moronic
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,490
I seem to remember Kyalami Sth Africa in 2000 was pretty special, watching Gary McCoy drift his way around that circuit all the way to the win.

Another not yet mentioned that I would love to see again but can't remember the race or the year. Believe it was somewhere in Europe, and 500cc two-stroke and Rossi was dominant so must have been 2001. I swear I watched Rossi emerge from the final corner onto the straight, look around for arch-rival (then) Biaggi, recognise he was well behind, and then as he approached the chequered flag lift his right leg over the bike and sit side-saddle on the seat, also releasing his hands from the 'bars and waving with both to the crowd, his whole body facing the grandstand as he crossed the line.

I even believe I saw a picture of this finish run big the next day in a local mainstream newspaper. But have never found one on the net, nor the video. Did it happen?

Okay just did another search and confirmation: it was MotoGP after all, Donington 2002. Can't remember what the race was like but won't be forgetting the ending. And he was on the tank, not the seat: there's a figurine available for the fans.

And people wonder why other champs aren't as popular ...

Edit: okay there is a pic at crash.net, just need the right search terms:

Moronic screwed with this post 10-18-2012 at 06:41 AM
Moronic is offline   Reply With Quote