View Single Post
Old 10-18-2012, 07:45 PM   #84
Aarrff OP
Gravel Grinder

Oddometer: 1,625
We did a little wine tasting inside and then decided on what to purchase and take with us. There is room in the top case for a nice bottle. We then enjoyed the balcony while we waited to be seated outside for lunch. What a nice day with my Sweetheart! The manager enjoyed taking our photo together...

After a few drinks, mtngal kept pointing at this little white square that was floating over her glass

KIDDING!!! we did some tasting but I do not drink then pilot a two wheel machine...same with her as the pillion...50 years of motorcycling has been survived by me with this rule. it was a fun lunch and nice break from riding. Here is a happy gal...

Bon Apetit!

Note the coffee and ice tea but we will enjoy our wine at night....

Haulin butt for Franklin down near Suffolk, VA where we got a room reserved and it's lookin' stormy behind us..

We made our leap already...

Storm clouds gather behind us...

Still looks good to the south.

Hmmm...could be a message in this cloud....I'll let the reader decide on this one...

A blue bird house or Bluebird house or....

These folks had a wishing well. Maybe they should wish for some paint?

I think that cloud earlier was giving us the finger....

And I did not bring rain gear so that's why it's raining. Our weather person told us it was going to be perfect weather all week, actually it was except this one incredible cloud burst and my suit is not water proof at all but a good thing for hot days...oh well...it will dry in the wind and not stink too bad if I dodge the possum grease. They smell like fresh bacon to me anyway after a hot day in th' sun

My helmet was getting a bit foggy and we needed fuel so I pulled in a little station to gas up and wait out the rest of this down pour. It was raining so hard that cars had pulled over but me and mtngal just kept going...better than be a sittin' duck in the rain! I clean my helmet lens every night with a product that sheds most of the water anyway. Now here is another person we met....this old fellow was standing in the pouring rain, totally drenched, freezing, and could not apparently walk away from his mower. While I was gassing up, my sweet lady goes over to him, in the pouring rain, to see if he was OK. He could not walk at all but was trying to get under that awning.....

We did not have a camera out in this rain but he was holding onto that mower! I went over there realizing that mtngal could not get him to move....he needed assistance on both sides. I got a chair that was near the door, helped her get him over to it and sat him down. Poor guy! I went inside to see if anyone knew him as we were afraid to leave him freezing like this. He told us that he had nerve problems in his feet. I believe him, but he also had been having a good day too That still does not mean he did not need help. The store lady said "oh yeah...that's old ........., I'll call his wife to come get him Oh-Kay....guess he'll get a whoopin' fer supper. After we left, I realized that he drove that darn lawnmower up the road in that rain! Wonder if he was weaving any.....dang, how dangerous is that?

He waved bye and thanked us as we rode off in the slacking rain.

.....so I don't know if we helped him or just got him in trouble

My wonderful buddy in the mirror recording our trip.

....looking a little better now as the day gets late and we approach Franklin, VA.

haulin' arse...

As the sun sets behind us, we'll enjoy some good wine tonight and have a laugh or two about our lawn mower buddy...hope he is OK

Til the next installment in a couple days....

R1200GSA, R 80 RT ( adv project )
Honda XR 70 R
Aarrff is offline   Reply With Quote