View Single Post
Old 10-18-2012, 10:40 PM   #17
FLICKIT OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 752
Adamsfield Continued... .. .

From there I headed back towards the town site... Then down the Saw Back track...

The way the Parks person at Mt Field spoke about the Saw Back track, ("it's locked up over winter"), I assumed it was gated, so I went down there for a look, I figured I'd just turn around at the gate, which I later discovered doesn't exist at this end...

Some pics from along the Saw Back track:

Lots of interesting big chunks of conglomerate:

A 14 min video heading along the Saw Back Track:

(Keep in mind the GoPro camera makes everything look flat and benign, it's a fairly gnarly track)

It was clear by this stage there was no gate at this end of the track, I got carried away and went further than I expected to go, about 1/2 way along.... The track was getting pretty crappy so I figured I should turn around... Since I wasn't actually meant to be down there, and the track was "closed", if something happened to me I'd be in the shit...

Heading back towards Adamsfield:

I got back to the main Adamsfield track and headed for the settlement/town area, a side track caught my eye so I poked down there for a look, not far down I came to this:

I think I read somewhere "Do not leave mapped tracks" so I figured I should turn around rather than chew up the creek... In the process of turning around.... ooops:

A 1 min video:

The Mighty Tenere copped a battle scar, the steel tip on my boot grazed the tank:

More to come.... ... .. .
FLICKIT is offline   Reply With Quote