View Single Post
Old 10-18-2012, 11:55 PM   #6108
Kiwi Dave
Beemer Boy

Oddometer: 119
F800 GS "Back-in-Black" Carbon/Kevlar Ltd. Edition

My 2009 F8 had taken a few dirt naps and was needing a bit of TLC. For it's 40k birthday I gave it a much needed face lift and made a few new parts while I was at it.

Even with the protective film, the plastic fairings took a hammering from the sharp Central Otago landscape.

I bit of plastic welding and some body fairing putty and she came up looking pretty good I recon.

As the two parts to this fairing are of different plastic molding I decided to use separate Matte and Satin paints to define the difference.

I loved the original color but wanted to do something a bit different from the crowd. I looked a heaps of color schemes and finally went back to my first idea. So using a splash of the the original Sunset Yellow I came up with this.

The clear plastic wind screen was pretty scratched and need attention too. I reproduced it in Carbon Fiber and tried this "chopped" size on for size.

The original Bash plate weighed a tonne and I decided to lighten the load a bit by building a replica in Carbon/Kevlar. It took a few goes but I like the final result.

A friend at a local sign shop reproduced the decals and custom made a couple of new BMW roundels as well. The decal placement decision was very last minute.

Next project is to make a couple crank out a couple of new knuckle guards. I've seen some great idea here on the ADV site so I'll add photo's of the finished project.

Time to ride.
Dave
Kiwi Dave is offline   Reply With Quote