View Single Post
Old 10-19-2012, 11:16 AM   #77
lake_harley OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 680
She's Legal Now!

After yesterday's 5-6 mile test ride I thought it was time to get the state involved and make my new baby legal. Round trip to the inspection station, license office, gas station and a couple other detours to show her off was about 25-28 miles. Ran like a champ, with the exception of the high idle once it was warmed up, my oil light doesn't always light when the key is turned on (another reason to go back into the instrument cluster), and the brake light switch for the front brake stopped working (I just used the rear brake to demonstrate the brake light function at the inspection station).

Getting her on the open road makes me appreciate why airhead owners seem to have such a fond attraction to their bikes. It just has a "feel" that many motorcycles don't have, but yet I don't think I could describe.

It'll be fun to enjoy riding her a little now, but will also enjoy continuing to tinker with various hiccups to make it a more sound and reliable motorcycle.

Thanks to all who have helped along the way with info and tips. I'm sure I'll have more questions and updates as time goes on. Maybe, as time passes and my airhead experience evolves, I'll be able to offer input to other airhead noobs and return part of the favors.

Lynn
IBA Member #49541
lake_harley is offline   Reply With Quote