View Single Post
Old 10-19-2012, 06:59 PM   #15
2on2off OP
Head'n somewhere new

Oddometer: 1,267
Crankshaft Crossing to Gold Point

After we rode out of Eureka Dunes, we turned right, east, on Death Valley Road and there was a "road closed" sign. This is the first time I have ever seen a road closed sign on this road. We learned the next day that there is another "road closed" sign on this same road at Ubehebe Crater.

We road to Crankshaft Crossing and then took the dirt road to the north instead of heading south to Ubehebe Crater. This was my first time riding this road as we headed for Gold Point, NV. As it turned out, this road was in the best shape of any of the roads we rode during our 4 days and it was alot of fun to ride. I would rate it good for dual sport and adventure bikes.

We rolled into Gold Point ahead of schedule. This is my first trip to this Ghost Town and it is in surprisingly good shape and was currently hosting a group of dual sport riders. We met Walt, the owner of the town, and got a drink and made a donation. He gave us a tour of the town.

This is Walt in the hat telling us he has the best stocked bar in Esmerelda County: