View Single Post
Old 10-20-2012, 12:20 PM   #1
wb57 OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 6,971
Barbecue tour - tag/photo fest

Two of my favorite activities: riding and eating pig products.

Wanted to start a tag game of sorts limited to barbecue restaurants. I gave it some more thought and came to the conclusion that a picture thread with reviews of the place would probably be more in order. This is more than just a picture thread as your input as to whether it's a worthy destination on the merits of the food, service, ride there or whatever is important.

The gist:
1) Ride to a barbecue place
2) eat
3) get pics including your bike
4) review the place

Figured this belonged in the Southeast regional forum instead of the Pics forum for a couple reasons:
-Barbecue outside of NC is really just a poor imitation of the real thing (not going to get into the eastern vs. western thing - they both kick ass)
-VA barbecue - while what can be found is adequate, it's really just wannabe que.
-SC barbecue - mustard, really???
-GA barbecue - to SC barbecue what VA is to the real thing. Why would you want to imitate an imitation.

VA, SC and GA barbecue joints are acceptable, but I'll expect you to show the required amount of ridicule in the review.

With that said, this doesn't have anything to do with Texas or Memphis or any other regional barbecue. Strictly pig cooked over a fire of some sort.

For your inspiration:

Turning money into spent fossil fuels.
(Smiley crap is implied in all posts.)

wb57 screwed with this post 10-20-2012 at 12:36 PM
wb57 is offline   Reply With Quote