View Single Post
Old 10-20-2012, 11:35 AM   #2
wb57 OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 6,618
Doug Saul's Barbecue and Seafood, Nashville, NC 10/20/2012

Just picked a place on the map that I'd never been to before and found this place within the amount of time that I could make it to for lunch

Doug Saul's Barbecue and Seafood in Nashville, NC

View from the front showing the side of the building:

View of the patio attached to the carry out side of the building. Late October and the ceiling fans are running:

Today's specials:

Business hours:

And the food:

Got a Barbecue dinner which comes with THREE sides. Got green beans, slaw and fries. With a water, the meal was $5.95. Barbecue is cooked on site, but over gas instead of wood - seems to be the way most places are doing it these days. The barbecue was good - I'll give it a 4/5. The only condiments on the table for it were vinegar and spiced vinegar - no Texas Pete or whatever. Good choice in retrospect. I prefer it pretty spicy, but loading it up with Texas Pete tends to hide the flavor to an extent. Slaw was basic, slightly sweet utility slaw. Nothing notable. Fries were frozen crinkle fries. Green beans were a definite 5/5. Cooked forever with a hint of seasoning. Hushpuppies were fairly generic donut shaped, but fresh and tasty.

The place is fairly small inside with maybe a dozen tables. It was about half filled with locals. Order at the counter, they bring it to your table and then you go back to the counter to pay when done. They clean your table and there's a tip jar by the register.

The ride from Raleigh was a great, cool Saturday morning ride. Two lane the whole way through Wake Forest, Bunn and Spring Hope. Mostly straight, but scenic and relaxed with opportunities to explore.

Worthwhile start to finish and I'll hit the place again in the future.

813 Western Ave
Nashville, NC 27856

Urban spoon reviews:
http://www.urbanspoon.com/r/230/1103...food-Nashville

Turning money into spent fossil fuels.
(Smiley crap is implied in all posts.)
wb57 is offline   Reply With Quote